Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kellie Pickler!


On Tuesday, when we got home from my family reunion, Tyler went to his own family reunion (which he may or may not blog about later) and I went to the most amazing concert of the summer! I have led a little bit of a sheltered life, in that the only concerts I have been to are some punk band who played in a bar when I was in high school, and Collin Raye who performed at BYU Idaho. Neither of which were very exciting to me. But this…Kellie Pickler…one of my FAVORITE American Idolers came to little Idaho Falls and gave an outstanding show. I’m shocked at how many people don’t know who she is, or that she's even famous. She has won 3 CMA awards, people...that’s pretty impressive.

My friend Jessica and I went and she was the exact right person to bring. After the opening act (some random country band I’ve never heard of—Moutlon Jess?) Jessica made us walk up to the VERY FRONT and watch the show from there the entire time. We were so close it was amazing! I wish I would have had my camera, but I only had my phone, which sucks at taking pictures. But here’s one to prove I was there.


Kellie gave the best show. She talked and joked between her songs; she was just her adorable self. She just seems so real, and I love that about her. She wore a tank top and jeans…nothing special, but she looked adorable. After the encore, she started signing tickets at the front, so of course, Jessica had us shove our way up there and got our tickets signed! It was very exciting. After about 3 minutes of deciphering, we decided that is says “Heart KP”. You be the judge.


All in all, it was the BEST show ever, and it makes me want to make the drive to Salt Lake to go to more of them. The walls are officially coming down on my sheltered life. Watch out everyone!

2 comments:

The Matthews Family said...

I'm jealous. I don't love country music, but I always thought Kellie Pickler was adorable! Ha ha, we were moving in 114 degree weather and you were concerting... some people have all the luck!

kate said...

that's so cute you went to her concert! i definitely watched her on american idol, she's pretty cute! how did you get out of going to tyler's reunion? what will tyler be graduating in? i know what you mean about feeling like your husband's in school forever, sometimes i wonder if we'll ever be done being students...what grade do you teach?