Saturday, November 15, 2008

ugh...

Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy or sane,
For taking a walk down master’s degree lane.
I’m starting to feel a great deal of stress,
From a paper – 30 pages, 20 sources, no less.
Not to mention finals and many a test,
To see if I am performing at my best.
The time spent reading book after book,
Is seriously killing my straight hair look.
I need more sleep, which means less time
For straightening my hair - what a crime!
Can I still be a great teacher to the little ones?
Oh yes, I am taking out the big guns –
Movies, games, and rewards galore,
Although it does mean more trips to the store…
I make them run to burn their energy away,
In order to teach them nicely all day.
I still love them, and they love me
Even through this trial of a master’s degree.
I often wonder if this stress will ever stop,
Because the other day I drank an entire pop…


*Disclaimer I have not had pop in over a year, so this was a big deal.

1 comment:

kate said...

i liked this poem a lot! it was really good.