Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our Fun Week

Tyler had the week off from work, so we were finally able to spend some desperately needed time together. It’s been so crazy with him working so much, so I was very excited to have him around. We started off just being lazy and enjoying doing nothing. We played a little Wii, watched TV, the usual lazy activities.

On Wednesday, Tyler’s sister Jen invited us to go to Heise Hot Springs with her and our niece August. It was really fun. I’m a little disappointed that I’ve lived in Rexburg for about 6 years, and haven’t been to many of the attractions around here. This summer I’m hoping to go to more of them. I guess Heise was the start of it. It wasn’t as big as I expected, but it was still really fun. Although I have to say if I wasn’t a good swimmer, I wouldn’t have felt very safe with those lifeguards. They seriously looked no older than 14. All I can say is that it was a good thing I was there, to save August if necessary. All jokes aside, my favorite part was the waterslide. It was ridiculously fast! Even sitting up I was going all over the place. It’s a good thing it was fully enclosed, or I would’ve been flung out of there! After the swimming fun, we went to the pizza place nearby and finished off the day with some extremely tasty pizza.



On Thursday morning we cleaned our house before Jen and August came over to play Wii. That was a blast. We played Mario Kart, and with four people playing I wasn’t last nearly as often! I don’t like losing very much, and playing with Tyler I lose a lot! We decided we really love having people over and should do it more often. Neither of us are very good at being social with people, especially in our ward. But hopefully we can start to change that and get to know them. After all, we have been here for a year now and hardly know anybody. One of our goals now is to invite people over at least once a month. That should be an easy start for us.

2 comments:

The Matthews Family said...

Janae you guys sound so much like me and Austin! And I'm way excited you found me on here! woo hoo! Only beware, I will totally be reading your blog every posting! Ha ha. And I'm good with Rigby Lake whenever you are! Let me know. And we can either take Makenna or leave her with Austin. It's up to you!

kate said...

hello!
i was SOOO excited that you commented on our blog. i've often wondered how you guys were doing, hopefully someday we'll meet! i didn't even remember you guys came to visit and we weren't there, that is really sad! how're your lives going? i'm so excited you guys have a blog so i can keep updated, you'll have to tell tyler i said hi! he's one of the best guys i know! i'll definitely be keeping up with your blog!!!