Friday, July 11, 2008

Tyler's Birthday


Yesterday was Tyler’s 28th birthday, and I have to say I was a little disappointed. I don’t think he was as disappointed as I was, which is good considering it was his birthday. I have realized that we are VERY different when it comes to birthdays. He seems fine with a card and dinner, whereas I would like a whole week of celebration and gifts. It only seems fair. So when I wasn’t able to make him a birthday breakfast, have a party, or buy lots of presents, I was pretty upset. He's been working so much that he was home just enough for a shower and dinner before he was off again. But he ended up with a decorated house, cheesecake brownies, a TV, and a few small presents. Needless to say he was happy. Eventually I’ll learn to be happy with it too. For his birthday…not mine.


2 comments:

kathleen said...

Happy Belated B-day to Tyler! You're my kind of woman, Janae, always up for a party! Good job on the decorations and party planning.

Love your blog, m'dear. Many of Tyler's Nielson cousins have also gotten on the "blogwagon" if you want to check them out. Here's Mike & Sha's site as a good start. They have several other fun family blogs sites. msnielson@blogspot.com

xoxo Aunt Kathy

The Matthews Family said...

A tv? I think that's a pretty dang good present! Happy birthday Tyler!