Saturday, January 24, 2009

Four Faves

Did you know that my own mother and father never thought I would make it through the first semester of college? Shocking, I know. Now it’s hard to believe that I graduated college and am now on my way to a Master’s. Honestly, I wouldn’t have believed it either if you had told me years ago. Somehow it happened, and tonight I was thinking about the amazing adventure that was college, and reminisced through pictures and memories that I hope to keep forever. I moved almost every semester in college, and was able to meet so many amazing people. Through the journey I met four people that I considered (and still consider) some of my closest friends. I would now like to introduce you to my four faves:

Emily



Jessica



Whitney



Allyson



I started writing individual paragraphs for each girl, but soon realized that was going to take hours. These girls were my greatest friends and (I know it might sound lame) but they changed me. Here’s a very short list of some of my memories with them:

-Emily and Jessica trying to teach me to dance – moment of silence for Club Retrix (and the thirty-two other names it went by)
-Watching Friends until all hours of the night and completely pissing off our lesbian, trumpet playing roommate
-Wearing our matching pants courtesy of Broulims
-Breakfast Tuesdays! Eating oranges and making waffles (and especially giving the ones that fell on the floor to our other weird roommate…haha)
-Making our own maracas
-Playing tricks on GP
-Filling giant holes in chocolate cake with frosting…what a sweet surprise!
-Every aspect of Vashon Island (Allyson, aren’t you glad I didn’t put any of those pictures on here? Yikes!)
-Spending hours walking the track and listening to boyfriend drama… Yes, I really do miss those walks/talks

Oh, I could go on forever, but since many are inside jokes and probably boring to you, I won’t. I sure do miss the “old days” when we would hang out without a care in the world. I’m sad that things are so different now with careers, kids, husbands, etc. It is crazy how things have changed so much in the last few years. But I am so glad that I am able to keep in contact with all of my four faves! And here’s to more years of memories together! I love all you girls!

2 comments:

kate said...

i totally hear you! sometimes i really miss the good 'ole days in college! i guess i should just be grateful i have all of those great memories as do you! sometimes it's hard to have to "grow up" and become an adult, or at least it is for me!!

The Matthews Family said...

I loved this post! I totally didn't recognize you with your curly hair though! I also laughed big time when I read about Club Retrix--I too remember when it went through about 32 different names and owners! Ah, the good times!