Friday, October 10, 2008

Splish, Splash


Tyler is really interested in the environment, and especially water. Because of this, he has started his own blog about water issues. I’ve added it to my blog list, or you can go here. It’s probably a good idea, so maybe I can understand some of these important issues. At least one of us does.

This has also been the inspiration for my poem of the week. Enjoy!

Water, water everywhere.
To disappear would be a scare.
Everyday I drink and drink.
To turn off the tap I never think.
The water flows out without a care,
Not realizing it might not be there.

In a bottle I shouldn’t buy,
The reason— I’m not sure why.
“30 minutes on a treadmill,
Forever in a landfill.”
It’s a shame that I waste,
But I just love the taste.

Everyone has a part to play,
To ensure our water doesn’t go away.
Nalgene© bottles are a place to start,
And to stop buying Fiji© would be smart.
Don’t spend so much time in the shower.
Try ten minutes, instead of an hour.

If we all do our part to conserve,
We will have water left in the reserve.

1 comment:

kate said...

that's a pretty cute poem, and good points too!