Saturday, October 18, 2008

New Discoveries...

I just discovered how to change the fonts, colors, sizes, etc. So I did a lot of experimenting in this blog. Reader beware...

I just sat down to type my research paper review, and decided I would much rather do this instead (especially since I know Jordan and Cyd are dying for an update…). This has been such a long week. I feel like I have been going and going without a break, so I am really looking forward to tomorrow, when I can just do nothing. Okay, where to start…

I had two midterms this week which I studied my butt off for. I have no idea how I did, so we’ll just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

Tyler left early Thursday morning to go check out graduate programs at the University of Idaho in Moscow. Luckily I have been busy enough to not be too lonely. However, when my chef leaves, I resort to Bajio, Carino’s, toast, and macaroni and cheese with cut up hot dogs (which I am eating right now). Yummy…

This week I discovered a few great things:

1. Cherry Italian Sodas are delicious.

2. Avon has the best mineral foundation for $24 cheaper than Bare Minerals. I bought eyeliner, 8 eye shadows, blush, and translucent powder for only $26. I can barely believe it. That’s like Wal-Mart prices for the vain and prideful who refuse to buy important things from there. So all you Bare Minerals users out there…stop what you are doing and go buy Avon’s mineral foundation. It’s only $7 and the best thing you’ll ever buy.

3. Being a teacher has many benefits. Some of which include no tax on school purchases, and 20% off at Barnes and Noble. But this week Barnes and Noble is giving teachers 25% off anything in the store. Needless to say I stocked up on my books I want to read. I bought these:



But I am sad I have to read these first:


4. I got my MAT scores back today, and scored in the 51st percentile…meaning I passed and can continue my graduate program. I also got my official acceptance letter today. The program has been so disorganized and crazy that about half of us weren’t accepted until recently. Thankfully, all the work I’ve done so far has not been for nothing. I get to keep going to class and running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

And now I am going to finish my work, so I have time to play when Tyler gets home.

1 comment:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

You amaze me! I love your blog! Good luck with your grad program! That is awsome!